The Best Camera!


While I think that I am reasonably skilful with a camera, I have never been fully happy with my "phone" photography skills.

I am also aware that while more photos are taken globally every day than ever before, unfortunately, most of them are not very good. So I felt that I needed to do something to up-skill.

Having finally upgraded my phone to a "3 generations old technology" iPhone 7 - which does have a nice camera - I discovered that The Gallery of Photography in Dublin, were running a smart phone photography workshop, with the multi talented Brendan Ó Sé. 

Well, I figured that its never too late to learn a new skill or a new way of taking photographs, even for a seasoned professional like myself.

This course was wonderful, it got my creative juices flowing and reinforced my belief that a photograph is taken by a person not by a camera. 

I have always said that the best camera is the one that doesn't get in the way when you are taking a photograph. And by knowing what your camera can do (be it a phone or a DSLR) and working within that knowledge so it becomes second nature, you become free to take beautiful photographs. 

These are some photos of random strangers, that I produced on my standard iPhone 7 during the photowalk, which is the practical part of the workshop. While I think I need more practice, I was quite happy with them.



Thanks for all of the tips, Brendan!

Brendan Ó Sé will be running further workshops at the Gallery of Photography in Dublin. See The Gallery of Photography website for more details.

Comments

Popular Posts