The Big Picture - Conference and Event Photography in Dublin


There was something very familiar about the FENS Conference, held about this time last year, in the Conference Centre in Dublin (CCD). I had never had the pleasure of having one of my images reproduced so often in the one location, or at quite such a large size.


I had photographed the CCD just after sunrise one morning a couple of years ago and as the tones in the image matched the corporate colours for the event, my client decided to use it as the key image for the conference.




After 4 days of conference photography I realised that that photo was everywhere!



FENS 2019 was one of the most enjoyable conferences that I have ever photographed. As a bonus as it was the European Nutrition Conference, the catering was outstanding - and healthy too! Likewise, it was a pleasure to work with the organisers, delegates and the wonderful CCD staff.


As I look at these images I realise that virtual conferences are no real substitute for the real thing. The passionate presentations, the communal spirit, the spectacular promotional stands and networking opportunities just cannot be replicated online.


I have been fortunate to work with some of the leading Irish and international conference and event organisers and when this pandemic has passed, I look forward to being able to work with them once again.

Comments

Popular Posts