Location Portraits in Sandycove

There is nothing better than photographing people on location. Usually my lifestyle portraits are of families relaxing, but it is nice to photograph people immersed in their work.

When New York Art photographer Bill Storoniak and his wife Linda visited Ireland last week, I had the pleasure of guiding them to some new locations when they arrived in Dublin. It also gave me the opportunity to produce some portraits on location. 

The light in Sandycove was beautiful and one photo opportunity followed another. Here are a couple of samples.


While Bill was concentrating getting the light right and setting up the perfect shot,

Linda got to make some new friends with some of the locals at Bullock Harbour - Life jackets make a great background!

Whenever photographers get together, particularly from different disciplines, the conversation is always good (or as Linda called it, "technical gobbledygook!") and it never ceases to amaze me how much we can learn from each other. In such an atmosphere, inspiration is never far behind. 

So, taking a leaf out of Bill's book, I thought I'd upload one of my own landscape images from the day as well.


You can see some of Bill's images of Ireland on his website and samples of my location portraits at www.noelhillis.ie


Comments

Popular Posts