Pet photography on location

I seem to have been photographing a lot of pets recently. It really is an extension of my location family photography. Most cats, and dogs are imporatant family members as well as being their owners best friend. Animals have their own quirky personalities and it can be as difficult to capture the essence of a pet as it is to capture the the personality of a 5 year old. Each one is just so different.


For instance, take Supertack above. She really displays a lot of curiosity and began our photo session investigating and searching until she was happy with my presence and when she was fully relaxed, played then slept! (Thank you SWPP for awarding this image a silver medal!)

A pets photo session really aims to capture the lifestyle of your nearest and dearest 4 legged friend! For dogs, my aim is to capture casual portraits of your pet on their own as well as with their best friend. I also try to produce some action images and some photos that just show the fun that animals have at play! Of course, if you have a show dog then, I would also aim to capture portraits showing breed characteristics as well.


If you have a cat, well I know who's the boss! I am usually happy to let these noble creatures dictate the session - patience is the most important photographic skill here!


My favourite pet shot this year was photographed last february in Ringsend park and for me, portrays the essence of man and his best friend.


If you would like to learn more about a full location photo shoot for your pet then please let me know.

Comments

Popular Posts