A sobering thought!

As a photographer who prefers to use natural light, the weather this year has been challenging to say the least! In fact, I have had to deal with rain on more than half of my portrait shoots this year. While I don't mind getting wet, It's not a requirement for my clients, though it can be fun - if the wind isn't too strong.

However, while sheltering during a photo shoot last week in Herbert Park, I realised that that wasn't one of those days!


Yesterday, I had yet another family portrait session forced indoors by the wind and rain, but we still did manage to get some beautiful images.


Now as I edit those, having travelled across the country at the beginning of the weekend, my thoughts turn to those friends who have had to put up with a lot more rainfall - and its consequences - than we have had so far in Dublin.


If our climate change experts are to be believed, then sights like this flooded field near Loughrea in Co. Galway, are about to become a regular occurrence.


It really could be a case of - water, water everywhere and not a drop to drink.


A sobering thought indeed!



Comments

Popular Posts