Noel Hillis Portrait Photography



This is a good time to revisit some of my favourite images from last year. These photos didn't make it to the blog for one reason or another and are a mixture of commissioned portraits, commercial images and personal projects. As always I begin with my favorite photograph of the year. A portrait of two friends in Kenmare.
This moody portrait of Conor was just about my last children's portrait of 2011.
A favourite portrait of Ann in the soft glow of beautiful window light.
Another Ann - this time photographed in December for a wonderful new project.
Echoes of the Far East at Ladies View.
As Frédéric pointed to a rock formation, in the Bibemus Quarries just outside of Aix en Provence, it reminded me of an artist stretching up to his easel. This was where Paul Cézanne created many of his masterworks.
A low key black and white portrait, from a commercial shoot to photograph milkmen.
An architectural landscape and proof (I hope!) that with the right light, over photographed sites can be made interesting - even at mid-day!
I felt very envious of the folk relaxing in this Perpignan cafe and escaping the 30 degree heat.
Occasionally I photograph products! Healthy Provencal food and amazing award winning olive oil from Le Mas Gran Cabano. Merci Franck et Brigitte.
Gone Fishing! The joys of fly fishing in the Yorkshire Dales!

For all of its challenges, 2011 was a really enjoyable year photographically! I'd like to say thank you to all of my clients, supporters and suppliers for making that possible.  I look forward to catching up with you again during 2012.

N.

Comments

Popular Posts