Noel Hillis Portrait Photography

It doesn't seem like a year since the last annual review of my favourite images that didn't make it to the blog. As always they are a mixture of commissioned portraits, commercial images and personal projects.     
Former Irish President Mary Robinson, was photographed after speaking at the IWA/WCE conference in Dublin. As chair of the Mary Robinson Foundation - Climate Justice (MRFCJ), member of The Elders and Chancellor of the University of Dublin, she has an extremely busy schedule. Without doubt, one of the most impressive people that I have ever met, she was a real pleasure to photograph.   

In November, I was commissioned to shoot a series of commercial portraits and group shots with Garry Lineker, when he was in Dublin to promote a certain brand of potato crisps. Certainly the most camera aware person that I have photographed - he was a real pro to work with.

This is Ruby and her mum Linda and is my favourite family portrait of the year. I love the way the afternoon light picks up Ruby's eyes.

lifestyle portrait
I also really liked this lifestyle portrait of the beautiful Gemma, photographed in available light.

It was quite a busy year for editorial photography and one of my favourites was this moody portrait of Jeremy Oppenheim, from McKinsey & Company, which was photographed for eolas.

This commercial photography shoot of jewellery was produced for a local client.

For better or worse, 2012 was also the year I discovered what a useful camera an i-Phone can be!

It always gives me a thrill to see my work in print. I was particularly pleased to see this image on the cover of Down Syndrome Ireland's Positive 2013 Advocacy Calendar. Copies of the calendar can be purchased directly from DSI here.

Other covers that I was fortunate enough to make, included this portrait of Dave Kirwan of Bord Gas Networks for Energy Ireland's Renewable Energy Supplement and the images in HSBCs round table publication for eolas.                                      
However for one of my best memories of 2012, it was hard to beat a warm summers evening in Venice after the crowds had left and we were able to sip our spritz and watch the gondolas pass by. Pure bliss! 

Although challenging, 2012 was another really enjoyable year both personally and photographically! Thank you to all of my clients, supporters and suppliers for being there with me.  I look forward to catching up with you again during 2013.

Comments

Popular Posts