Personal work - The Road Less travelled

The Road Less Travelled - Maulin, Co. Wicklow, Ireland
Every weekend since I was a student I have taken to the hills. No matter where I have been living, I have always felt closer to who I really am and at peace with the world, when surrounded by nature, especially after a stressful work week.

The Road Less Travelled - Crone Woods, Co. Wicklow, Ireland
My first images were landscape photographs and nothing gives me more pleasure than being in a beautiful place, with perfect light and recording creatively what I see.

The Road Less Travelled - Kilmurry, Co. Wicklow, Ireland
One of my favourite poets is Robert Frost and The Road Less Travelled was conceived as a project on Instagram, to document the hiking trails of Wicklow and Dublin. While most of the landscapes are photographed less than an hour from home,  I do travel quite a lot. The landscapes of the rest of Ireland and the then the Alps demanded my recognition and the attention of a slightly better camera than my iPhone, so I settled on a lightweight Panasonic CSC rather than my heavy Nikons!

The Road Less Travelled - Chamonix, Haut-Savoie, France
As a project, TRLT has become as much a state of mind as a physical entity. it reflects our choices in life, paths we have taken or not taken, journeys we have made, some of which are often difficult but ultimately are rewarding. In life as in hiking, the journey is its own reward. And sometimes, the views along the way are pretty spectacular!

The Road Less Travelled - Maulin, Co. Wicklow, Ireland
These are just a few of this years photographs...so far! You can see more on the Road Less Travelled page on my website and on instagram 

Comments

Popular Posts