Corporate Photography - Behind the scenes!


My office view today!
This isn’t really my office view, but I am sitting in departures, looking out on the tarmac at London City Airport, waiting on my flight back to Dublin to be called. I have just finished a busy morning, producing executive portrait photographs for one of my clients in London’s Docklands and have finally managed to negotiate my cameras and lights through security. 

My brief today was to to produce corporate portraits that would match exactly the style and lighting setup that I had used previously for this client, on portrait shoots in both Dublin and Wicklow. 

Being able to repeat a job, regardless of the location, to exactly the same specifications as previous, is a crucial requirement of a professional corporate photographer. Thanks to the great service by London photo suppliers, WEX - Rental, who delivered backgrounds, soft boxes, reflectors and light setups, to the location for my arrival, I was able to do just that today. 

My real office view - from a different commercial portrait shoot!
It is all about being prepared, knowing the equipment thoroughly, designing a series of repeatable setups, practicing setting-up and breaking-down the set, to maximise shooting time and always, always having a plan B! 

A good example of this kind of work are the three images below, which were produced for a different client. These were photographed respectively in a kitchen, a warehouse and a hallway, in three separate counties, over a six month period. If I hadn't photographed the job, I’m not even sure I could tell which was photographed where!

Photographed for the award winning mymilkman.ie website in Dublin, Wicklow and Kildare!

Once all the technicalities are taken care of, all that remains is to concentrate on producing the photographs that are exactly what the client needs.  - And that is the part that photographers live for!

Comments

Popular Posts